1. When sizing up (assessing) your romantic relationship, is there a couple that you envy? Why? (Can be a couple you know or famous/celebrity couple)
~ No one in the real world, but Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie seem to have it pretty good. But who knows what's really going on behind closed doors. Couples that look like they're 'great' could just be putting on a good show. I know one such couple in real life. (It's so easy with social media now to project a positive image, even if it isn't true)
2. Thinking of your current relationship, which stage are you in?
- a. Infatuation stage – Intense attraction and an uncontrollable urge to be with each other, strong sexual attraction.
- b. Understanding stage – You both start getting to know each other better, and everything about your partner interests and fascinates you.
- c. Moulding stage – You each know what you want in a partner and you start moulding each other to change in effort to create a stranger, lasting relationship.
- d. If you have made it this far you are in the advanced stages of a relationship, which one best represents the current status of your relationship:
- Stage of doubt – This is not what you want in a partner, and you have thoughts of ending the relationship.
- Happy stage – You’ve worked out most of the kinks in your relationship, you know each others flaws and can deal with them. You are comfortable and enjoying the relationship in what you believe will be a long-lasting one.
~ Ha! We are at the 20+ years married stage and neither of is going elsewhere stage! We are well beyond infatuation and now at the you-drive-me-crazy-sometimes-a-lot-of-times stage. We understand eachother very well, although sometimes I think my wife doesn't understand me at all. I do I think I understand my wife very well, and she agrees. She says that's why she loves me. I have given up trying to mould or control her, and accept her for who she is.
3. If you are not currently in a romantic relationship, at which stage did your last relationship end? (see stages above).
~ My previous last serious relationship probably finished somewhere between 2c and 2d2
4. Do you think you are too good for your current partner? Why do you feel this way?
~ No. But sometimes I don't think she appreciates how good I am for her.
5. Write a 25-word love note to your current significant other or to a person with whom you are infatuated.
~ Ha! I'm trying to make my posts shorter, not longer! I already ramble too much!
Bonus: Have you ever been obsessively “in love” with someone and perhaps borderline clingy? How did you get over your obsession?
~ No, I don't do obsessive or clingy. Aside from checking my wife's browser history on her iPad to see what (and how many) dirty stories she is reading on Literotica. Which I haven't been able to do since she changed her password two months ago.
Double bonus: (but not really) I recognise Q5 as being similar to something they get you to do in couples counselling. I failed then too, but luckily so did my wife! We both agreed after 20+ years together we couldn't write down 'why and what we love about each other'.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!