Monday, November 28, 2016

The Bloggers NSFW dilemma

Every time I look at my own blog I see this in a column on the right hand side, and it's driving me nuts:


This screenshot doesn't do the image justice - it's a moving gif image and the cock is pulsing and squirting cum. Sure, it's an okay image to illustrate the post's subject matter but when I see it every day on the side of my screen when I scroll down... well, it's a bit icky much isn't it?

The dilemma arises because the Blogger algorithm has placed it at the top of the 'Popular Posts' column. Is it a popular post because of what I wrote about or because of the image I used to illustrate it? I want to change the image to something less in-your-face but if I do so am I removing what resonated with readers? Or maybe the image has nothing to do with it - maybe the post was just popular because I cross posted it to the Masturbation Monday site and a whole bunch of their readers checked me out?

Dilemmas dilemmas.

Let me know your opinion in the comments section below and maybe I'll swap out the image for something less confronting. (You can see the actual post here) Let me know too your thoughts in general on NSFW images. I know this is meant to be a sex blog, but some people still don't like seeing too much hardcore stuff in blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments but hate SPAM. If you are a spammer we will not only delete you but actively report you as well.
We encourage frank robust discussion on all subjects within our blog but NO hate speech will be allowed. Again, we will actively report this.

Remembering an Ex on Fetish Friday