Tuesday, December 6, 2016

TMI Tuesday: December 6, 2016 ~ Family & Reflection



This time of year is full of family and reflection. 
Let’s carry that on through to TMI Tuesday, shall we?

1. What story does your family always tell about you?
~ They don't. Since my parents died the 3 siblings have scattered to the four winds. Even though we still all live in the same city. My mother always used to talk about the time I climbed into the penguin enclosure at the Zoo when I was a baby. I'm not sure if that was true - the penguin enclosure was long gone as far as I can remember.

2. At what age did you become an adult?
~ I don't know about when I first noticed becoming an adult but I started buying all my own clothes (with my own money) at 15 and bought my first car (also with my own money) at 17. And it wasn't a wreck either, it was a Subaru Coupe. And when I say 'my own money' I mean money I'd earned myself. My family weren't poor, but weren't well off enough to be splashing out on the kids. But back then we didn't want expensive sneakers and our own phones.

That time you found the photo of your parents you wished you'd never found.
3. What is the most embarrassing thing you know about your parents?
~ Nothing. But thank you for making me think about them having sex. And now I'm thinking about them having kinky sex - so I'm throwing up a little in my mouth, thanks for that.

4. This year, what is the mot important life lesson you’ve learned?
~ My wife will only keep me around for as long she enjoys having me around. The minute I become burdensome she will cut me loose and continue on her merry way solo, doing whatever the fuck she wants to, because she has the money to do it. (If that sound overly negative I guess what I'm really saying is I've realised our marriage is a little one sided. In fairness to my wife, she is oblivious to the problems [because she doesn't see the problems] or my happiness [because she doesn't see the unhappiness]. Example here)

5. Describe your childhood self in 5 words. Were you happy?
  1. Happy
  2. Carefree
  3. Funny
  4. Funloving
  5. Goodlooking
I mention the last one only because it's something not all kids are blessed with. But the ugly/gangly ones usually grow out of it, as do the 'beautiful' ones. Everything changed for me after puberty arrived. Suddenly I was aware of a whole lot more things than I was before - like how the world really worked and not everything was as easy or simple as life had been before.

6. Who in your family has been kindest to you?
~ My mother will be turning in her grave since I'm not naming her (and that's not to say she was unkind to me) but there is no one person I would say was kindest. They were all kind. Or not cruel to me, which is almost the same thing.

Bonus: Who are you closest to or trust the most – a friend or family member?
~ If this week's TMI is a cleverly disguised Pysch or Personality Test then I've failed already haven't I, and this answer won't redeem me: I don't 100% trust anyone. Which isn't to say I don't place a lot of trust in various friends and family, I just wouldn't fully trust any of them. And I don't think you should because they will always let you down. I know I can trust some people 100% for some things, but other things I wouldn't trust them with one iota. I have one sibling who is useless with money for instance, so I wouldn't get them to look after any for me, or look after a business for me while I was on a month long vacation etc.
Already some of you are shaking your head and saying "but you should be able to trust your partner 100%, surely?" and while in theory the answer is Yes in reality it's No for me. The Trust Test for me is this: can I give you this bag, tell you to take it, not to open it ever, and to stash it somewhere where no-one will find it, and keep it safe for me (possibly years) until I ask for it back? In my wife's case I know she will open it 3 minutes after I've left and then tell someone else what's in the bag and ask them what they think she should do with it. I doubt I'd be able to even finish making the request without her asking me a dozen #$%ing questions already!

Double Bonus: The follow up to Massage & Hand Relief is tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

Happy TMI Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments but hate SPAM. If you are a spammer we will not only delete you but actively report you as well.
We encourage frank robust discussion on all subjects within our blog but NO hate speech will be allowed. Again, we will actively report this.