Tuesday, September 5, 2017

TMI Tuesday: September 5th 2017 ~ Replay

I'm currently waiting for today's TMI Tuesday to arrive. In case it doesn't... enjoy this instead, from September 6th, 2016.

from the Red Carpet at the Venice Film Festival - a little too TMI?

1. What was one of the best parties you’ve attended?
~ Wow, I've been to plenty! Honestly, I have - but at my age that's not unusual, right? The best parties are always with a great bunch of diverse people but what pushes them over the edge is having a great/unique location. A roof top party in Manhattan is always a blast. The best party I can recall would have to be the 'private party' I went to at the McKittrick Hotel a year ago. It featured the cast of 'Sleep No More' but it was more of an all out rave dance party than the theatrical 'immersive' MacBeth show I think everyone else gets

2. What is your first memory of being really excited?
~ Nothing beats losing your virginity as far as I'm concerned. It was awful, but fantastic at the same time. Or should I say, I was awful but it was fantastic?

3. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
~ Clothes. Fancy fashionable clothes that told the girls in High School I was no longer dressed by my mother. Followed by a car, which told the girls in High School I was no longer driving my family's car.

4. What story does your family always tell about you?
~ None stick out. But my mother used to always latch on to whatever girl I took home as if she was going to be a future daughter-in-law and dig out the Family Album and then go through the photos and tell the story behind each one. This made me disinclined to bring girls home because [a] it was embarrassing (they'd only just met), and [b] I already knew I had no long term plans with the girl.

5. At what age did you become an adult?
~ Hard to say. I didn't officially leave home until I was 21, although I was fairly self sufficient well before then. I started buying my own clothes at 15 and bought my first car at 17. It wasn't a cheap clunker either. I started going on adult sleepovers from about 19 - "you treat this place like a hotel" cried my mother, who didn't want me to leave home until I was 30.


Bonus: Do you often subscribe to new comments/replies on blogs? Or do you manually go back to see if someone has responded to what you wrote?
~ I never subscribe but I do comment on other people's blogs. Unless there is a complicated 'log-in-to-comment' process, in which case I don't bother (ie if I have to 'register'). If I comment I might usually go back and see if it's been responded to. Often it hasn't - but I've been guilty of missing a comment made on my own blog too (so sorry about that!)
What I have noticed in the last few years is that almost no-one bothers to comment any more and even established mainstream sites don't bother with a comments section now. For them it's too hard to moderate, and it's much easier to let readers comment via social media by cross-posting/linking to Facebook et al. This makes it very hard for small fry bloggers like ourselves to get any traction with what we're doing, since when you discover a new blog but see no comments you presume it's a dead blog.

DOUBLE BONUS: You missed this! Who else's wife has taken them to a strip club? How did it turn out?

TRIPLE BONUS [2017]: You also missed Saturday Night Sex Surprise yesterday because it was posted late. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

Happy TMI Tuesday!: 

2 comments:

  1. I was up for TMI this week too.
    Sounds like you go to some swish parties. I used to like parties and did go to a few "pop star" parties when younger but much prefer staying in now - boring but true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do but they're sporadic, it's not like I'm out every weekend - or even every month for that matter. But yes, I have been to some swell parties over my many years.

      Delete

We welcome comments but hate SPAM. If you are a spammer we will not only delete you but actively report you as well.
We encourage frank robust discussion on all subjects within our blog but NO hate speech will be allowed. Again, we will actively report this.