Tuesday, November 14, 2017

TMI Tuesday: November 14, 2017: ~ Self Care



Outside of regular hygiene activities – bathing, brushing teeth, hair care - let’s talk about what you do for self-care. (Self-care being activities and practices that you do on a regular basis to reduce stress and maintain and enhance your short-term and longer-term health and well-being. Source: buffalo.edu)

1. Have you ever had a professional massage? If yes, what type? If no, why not?
~ Yes, plenty of times. And I'm having one on Thursday. They're usually with my wife (when she can't find a BFF spa buddy) or while we are on vacation. I always ask for the basic massage because I don't want anything too hard or painful. I just want to relax, which I do to the point of sometimes falling asleep. Because of the sensual nature of the massage (yes these are still 'straight' massages I'm talking about!) I always request a female masseuse. I can't relax properly when a man is rubbing his oily hands up my inner thigh. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

2. Do you engage in the following? Tell us all that apply and how often you do it.
a. yoga
b. tai chi
c. float therapy
d. run/jog
e. workout – any that isn’t actually training for something but is for physical fitness maintenance

f. other – what?
~ I did Pilates for almost a year, at my wife's insistence (she paid for it), but it did nothing for me so I stopped. All I do now is walking (for exercise).

3. How many hours of sleep do you average on a weeknight? Weekend?
Do you think you need more or less sleep?
~ I definitely need more sleep. I usually go to bed at about 1-2 am, which I know is not good. Especially if I'm waking up at 6-7am again (see yesterdays post for the reason why). I'm a light sleeper and I'm usually woken up by 8am at the latest, even if I'm trying to sleep in on the weekend. Once I'm awake I'm awake, so I get up.

4. Which of the following are you most likely to add to your self-care routine and stick with it?
a. Schedule in a planner daily “me time”
b. Acupuncture
c. Take a moment at the end of each day and consciously list a few good things in your life.
d. Turn off phone and step away from computer/tablet for 4 hours a day
~ After yesterdays post I resolved to definitely take a little 'me time' more often. And I did exactly that before starting today's post. I was going to leave it until after I'd completed this post (as a 'reward') but then I thought "F#$% it!!" and decided I was more important!

5. What do you do for self-care either physically, spiritually or emotionally?
~ I try not to get stressed, which may seem odd coming from me after yesterdays post but I really do. I'm no scientist, but I think stress gives you cancer (or allows the cells to grow and not be killed).

Bonus: Today, make sure you give yourself some love–self-care.
~ see #4 above - already done and dusted!

Double Bonus: Apparently no-one could see me in this! It’s #fetishfriday ☠️ can you see me in something ... 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

Happy TMI Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I just walk too - have just come back from an hour and a half woodland walk - beer time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. walking is better than running, says I

      Delete

We welcome comments but hate SPAM. If you are a spammer we will not only delete you but actively report you as well.
We encourage frank robust discussion on all subjects within our blog but NO hate speech will be allowed. Again, we will actively report this.

Remembering an Ex on Fetish Friday