Outside of regular hygiene activities – bathing, brushing teeth, hair care - let’s talk about what you do for self-care. (Self-care being activities and practices that you do on a regular basis to reduce stress and maintain and enhance your short-term and longer-term health and well-being. Source: buffalo.edu)
1. Have you ever had a professional massage? If yes, what type? If no, why not?
2. Do you engage in the following? Tell us all that apply and how often you do it.
b. tai chi
c. float therapy
e. workout – any that isn’t actually training for something but is for physical fitness maintenance
f. other – what?
3. How many hours of sleep do you average on a weeknight? Weekend?
Do you think you need more or less sleep?
4. Which of the following are you most likely to add to your self-care routine and stick with it?
a. Schedule in a planner daily “me time”
c. Take a moment at the end of each day and consciously list a few good things in your life.
d. Turn off phone and step away from computer/tablet for 4 hours a day
5. What do you do for self-care either physically, spiritually or emotionally?
Bonus: Today, make sure you give yourself some love–self-care.